Wednesday, August 22, 2012

training 8.22.2012

Training at lunch today -- pressed for time, leaving off the Pendlay finish (8@9) until later. 

Warm day, humid.  Started with dynamic work, B-Ala/creatine, Craze, Ndure, and very little bar work -- made big jumps to working weight.  Still a little tired from maxing Sunday.


Squat x4@9 + -0%: 300kg, felt heavy, didn't have any more.  Once again, it wasn't quads that gassed.

2-count DL x4@9 + -0%: 250kg, felt great.  More like 8.5, may have had another jump.

Watched Mike's paused DLs and discovered I've been doing them differently -- I never put the bar down.  I drop back to start and stop just short of the floor and come back up.  I don't reset on the floor, mainly because the temptation exists to just leave it there.  I think I'll stick with my way unless told otherwise.  I do tap the floor maybe 50% of the time, but I take it up a degree and do the pause.

I have to find a comp for my 13-yo stepson to compete in before Christmas.  If anyone knows any PL or strongman comps on the left coast (or wherever, for that matter) that will take a kid, please let me know via comment, PM, or email.  Thanks.

Not bad today.  I needed it -- been feeling a strange anxiety the last couple of days.  I think maybe some deliverables are catching up to my subconscious and dragging me around the yard, if you know what I mean.  I needed the sweat.  Wish I had a prowler to push around the block, frankly.

More later.  Back to the office to sweat -- so sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment