Thursday, August 30, 2012

training 8.30.2012

Lifting at lunch again.  Good day for it, as it is fairly quiet and my CEO boss is busy yelling at my COO.  Perfect.

Started with one scoop of Craze (desperately wanted two) and the B-Ala/creatine mix.  Enough stim to wake the dead.

Wrist support today only.

Pin press -5cm x3@9 + -5%: 255kg plus one.  Essentially a one-board, the secret is getting it moving in the first place.  Tight lats, pull the hands apart, the sucker moves.  I think this is a PR for a one-board pin press.


Pin press to chest x3@9 + -5%: 200kg plus one.  Very tough, and very little progress.  A bit tired from the first, I think.

Incline x6@9 + -5%: ten pounds less than last time.  Pretty cooked.  Dropped to 70% and repped out after my fatigue set.

I feel okay about today.  Had some technical difficulties in the rumpus room, which upsets the apple cart a little.  Nothing I can't handle, but rhythm was chucked.  This effected incline more than the other two, as it was at the last set of the pin press that stuff started to break.  Wish I had the disposable income to sell some of my training stuff and start over -- there are a couple of things I would do differently.  Admittedly, like most, I've done the best I could over years of accumulating what I needed until I could quit commercial gyms for good.  Here's hoping I never have to go back.

The saga of training the boy continues.  The school district said I have to be certified in a way that says someone thinks I am competent to train my stepson.  I have a choice of throwing him into independent study of golf, making him take the same PE as all the other kids, or getting certified.  I think I'll get certified.  I have 30 days, so I'm going to pound it out as fast as I possibly can.  At least then I can do this with the boy (the primary desire), accumulate a marketable certification (distant secondary), and can be proud of myself for having done something worthwhile (a much closer secondary).

In the meantime, I will continue to try to do things I can be proud of, or that make those around me proud to be around me.  No, it's not all about me -- I do these things for me, so I can feel good about myself, much the same reason I strive week after week, year after year, against gravity.  I will bet you know what I'm talking about.  Whether we say it is for mental health, for maintaining mobility, for looking good naked, whatever, I suspect our reasons are very similar.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment