Thursday, August 2, 2012

training 8.2.2012

Generally tired today.  Stressful business travel yesterday coupled with too little food = tired.

Hot day today.  Humidity is only 68%, but that's a lot for around here.  What a wuss.

A little dynamic work, B-Ala/creatine, and got to it.

Deadlift  x2@8 + -5%: reached 265kg and crapped out; one fatigue set

Bench + chains x2@8 + -5%: hit 200kg plus chains and that was it; backed off about 8% and did lots and lots of fatigue sets

SSB Squat x4@9 + -5%: stopped at 200kg on the SSB and did high-rep (15 reps) box squats until I reached the desired RPE for 4.  No fatigue set.

Today was tough -- momentum and motivation were lacking.  I'll be back.

Strongman Bob and I are gonna try Jack3d (the old stuff with DMAA for me) -- anyone try it?  Weigh in.  Edit: you can't get the jack3d with DMAA, no matter how sly you are.  Maybe I'll try Driven Sports Craze...  I still like my Results most of all, but don't really want carbs prior to workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment