Sunday, August 19, 2012

training 8.19.2012

Hot day, a bit intimidated going in due to max day.  Not as much sleep as usual last night -- wife had a figure comp yesterday (a 2nd and a 3rd), so we got in late.

Started with Craze, B-Ala/creatine, dynamic shoulder work.  Wore loose briefs knowing what I was going to squat.  Wore Spud velcro wrist support and knee sleeves.  Used a belt for squats and deads.

Squat 1rm: hit 340kg and felt good.  335 felt bad, but assumed it was setup.  I was right.  Did not fail, so may have had 342.5.  Wanted to leave something.  Depth may have been short on 340 -- if I'm questioning it, it probably was too high.

Bench 1rm: hit 250kg.  I took way too many sets to get here and was tired.  This was my fault.  Not happy.

DL 1rm: hit 285kg.  This is more than I've ever pulled while working with Mike, so I feel pretty good about it.  DL is still my weak spot -- I have a long way to go to scare anyone here.  Not sure why.  I failed my first attempt at 285 halfway up due to pitching forward; it pissed me off so bad that I went straight back to the bar and completed 285.  Might have had 287, but I'm not sure. 

Need DL socks -- I left a lot of blood on the bar today.  Glad it's my bar.  1925# total in my own gym, and should have had more on the bench.

I'm a little surprised things went so well today, as this last week was stressful.  This coming week will be too, so it wouldn't surprise me if my numbers sagged a little.

Video camera is dead.  Wife has approved a GoPro 2 if I sell something, so hitting eBay with stuff this evening.  Hope to escape internet joke/troll status soon and post some vid.

Thanks for checking.


1 comment: