Sunday, August 12, 2012

training 8.12.2012

Hace calor en la rumpus room.  I suspect the temp in there is near 100.  Sweating hard, fan running harder.  Yeah, I know that's not that hot for many of you, but it's hot for this beach community.

Started with DS Craze, B-Ala/creatine, and not much else.  No support gear except velcro wrist wraps for pressing.  Only used one scoop of Craze, and this made a huge difference in felt effect -- it's also possible that yesterday took a bit of my edge off all around.

DL + all the chain I have x4@9 + -5%: reached 275kg + chains, got one fatigue set

1.5 board x4@9 + -5%: used a 2-bd (couldn't find the 1.5) still with light touch and reached 250kg.  Felt fantastic.  Triceps are not my benching problem; clearly what is limiting me is the bottom half of full ROM.  Consider that I was stapled by 100# less a few days ago, though admittedly on a day I was fighting a stomach bug.


Pendlays x7@9 + -5%: 110kg and didn't push it too hard.  Low back is a little sore, so focused on upper back and kept it sensible.  Did a bunch of sets.

A little tired and sore from yesterday, but felt good otherwise.  Once warmed up, it went well.  Honestly, now that I'm over the gut bug, I can't remember the last time I felt this good.  How much of it is the pre-workout pick-me-up, I can't say.  We'll see how I sleep tonight.

Hope all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment