Saturday, August 11, 2012

training 8.11.2012

Very warm morning for SD.  Eager to get in the rumpus room today, and sweating hard before entering.

Struggled with stomach problems for the past couple of days.  Way under caloric needs, badly nauseated yesterday, wasn't sure what today would hold.

Started with DS Craze (one scoop -- first time), dynamic shoulder work; wore Spud wrist wraps and EFS elbow sleeves for the bench; wore my loosest briefs and EFS knee sleeves for squatting.  Wore a belt for the heaviest squats.  Wore no support for incline.

Comp bench x2@8.5 + -5%: 220kg plus two fatigue sets.  Felt light, though last was likely RPE=9.  This is an all-weight American record for my age group (raw), which blows me away.  I'm a garage queen -- means nothing until on a stage.

Squat + chain x4@9 + -5%: used reverse bands b/c I wanted to, hit 380kg (-30 @top, -150@hole), might have had more.  Felt great, though felt some instability at heavier weights.  Need to do some suitcase carries or something.  Maybe I'll pull out Never Gymless or Bull Strength and do some core work.  Hate that term, 'core'.  Got one fatigue set.

Incline x7@9 (pinky/ring) + -5%: hit 150kg plus two fatigue sets; shoulders not happy, but not bad.  Had the hands closer to ring between pinky and ring finger, as this tends to be easier on my shoulders.  Not sure why this bothers my shoulders, because I can rock military and push press well over 400# without too much trouble.

Very happy to feel like I've made a little progress.  The squat is bangin', though the instability in my torso is troublesome.  Anything goes bad, it'll be really, really super-bad.

Absolutely love the Craze.  Felt mildly euphoric the entire time.  Made mad notes all during -- feel a little like I imagine a tweaker feels, frankly.  Wish I could feel this all the time.  Took one scoop 30 minutes before  and took another half scoop as I was winding out the bench -- wanted another hit while squatting, particularly because the edge was coming off and I knew the squatting would be tough.

Anyway, enough chat.  Great day in the gym, and looking forward to doing some extra work.  Really liked the Craze -- check it out.  Also, go rent Jiro Dreams of Sushi; the hard worker in us will love it, and it's particularly up your alley if you are at all a foodie.  Plus, the photography is beautiful.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Stay safe.  Thanks for checking in, and leave me a comment every once in a while, even if just to troll a bit.  I use Ghostery, so I have no idea if anyone is even paying attention.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment