Saturday, August 4, 2012

training 8.4.2012

Draggin' in a big way.  No idea why, but likely due to caloric deficit.

Started with B-Ala/creatine, used TrueNutrition MGPM during.  Warm-up was bar/weight only.

Comp bench x2@8 + -5%: reached 220kg, did several fatigue sets at -0%

Pin squat + chain x2@8.5 + -5%: reached 250kg on the bar (was a 9), did 2 fatigue sets at 0%

JM Press x5@9 + -5%: got to 100kg and stopped.  Kept strict form, no pain in any joints.  Did a fair number of sets.

Likely to do a bunch of make-up work tomorrow, including a lot of rowing/pulling.

The heavier classes of Olympic weightlifting were incredibly good comps, both men and women -- highly recommend watching them.  Let me know if you need help finding them.

When I tore my vastus lateralis,  the orthopod was astounded at how high my attachments are.  He said he'd never seen anything like it.  Net effect for me is that I eternally look like I have chicken legs.  For goodness sake, I've hit geared squats over 800# and look like I have frat-boy sticks.  Worse, my briefs are getting super-tight way up at the openings from big hips, hams, abductors and adductors.  But I have no teardrop -- my quads low are pathetic.  I'm open to any suggestions.  Lots of partial hack squats out of the hole?  I'll do anything to at least feel a little balanced.

Gorgeous day here.  Closed a solid deal this week worth several million.  At least now I can pay a few bills, once that check comes in.  I need a few more if baby's going to get a new pair of shoes (translate: a house, a new used car, anything more than getting out of debt), but getting entirely out of debt would be peachy.  For all of us struggling in this economy, I feel it right there with you.  Hang tough, all.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment