Saturday, August 25, 2012

training 8.25.2012

Deftones/Royal is fantastic.  Great lifting music, assuming you like that kind of thing.

Training in the morning after a very stressful week.  Just have to get through Monday and should be okay.  Grey, cool morning.  Started with B-Ala + Craze.  A little dynamic work for squatting, none for bench (=bad idea).  Only support gear was wrist.

Pin press -5cm x4@9 + -0%: got 250kg -- felt great (last rep was ground out =10)


Pin press full ROM x4@9 + -0%: got 195kg, 15kg more than last time; last rep was a total grind (=10)

JM press x8@9 + -0%: did a bunch, totally fried my triceps.

2ct DL x4@9 + -0%: 250kg, same as three days ago; felt fine

SSB Squat x4@9 + -0%: 220kg, a bit more than last time.


SSB Squat x6@9 + -0%: 180kg, feeling pretty toasty by this point

Yes, I combined two days.  I kept the time between sets to a minimum to try to keep the training under an hour.  I think it was about 75', but hard to tell at this point.  Not sure when I went in.

I did my SSB squats a little differently this time.  I put a 10" stone on the floor, kept my feet a little narrower, pushed my knees out hard, and squatted to the stone.  All were very deep -- pretty much as far down as I can go.  This was a lot harder on my glutes than anything else -- felt like a lunge day.  Didn't ever get to the point of feeling my back, as I usually do.  I really don't like the SSB, which to me means I need it.  Glad Mike has me doing this.

My stepson asked me to coach him this semester on an Independent Phys Ed program.  It looks like the school is going to let him do it, and they require he enter a comp.  I think we're going to do Solvang in December, which will be tough for him -- he has a ton to learn before then, a lot of muscle to put on, and he'll be competing in the 13-15 category as a low-end, prepubescent 13-year-old.  But he'll be competing, hopefully get bitten by the bug, and next time we can do one together as a team.  I think that would be cool.  This time, I'll be his support crew and take care of him.  It'll be great.  In the meantime, if anyone has ideas for training a newbie kid, I'm open to hearing them.  Send me articles, opinion, sarcasm, whatever.

Got dinner tonight with a bunch of people that, for the most part, I don't like.  Last night I was at a party with a bunch of people I don't know, which was a lot more fun.  At least I will get fed well tonight, and there are a couple of women that will be there that I find delightful.  So maybe I can tolerate the rest.  Just one thing: last night one of the moms noted that my wife looks like Heidi Klum, and it turns out she's right.  My wife is freakin' hot.  Better looking than Heidi in my book, but with a considerably smaller bank account.  Can't have everything.

Hope everyone has a great day.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment