Saturday, January 30, 2010

Deadlift day

Max day for DL. Not feeling it going in, despite a good week. I just know it's gonna kill, so enthusiasm wasn't too high.

Started with Results and SWF, copious dynamic work (straight from the Diesel video this week) and bar work. Wore Metal Viking briefs, no sleeves and no wraps.

Deadlift:

245 kg x 5 not too bad
275 kg x 3 tough off the floor
310 kg x 1 got 4 reps, which is a rep PR by one rep, but they were ugly

200 kg x 5 reps x 8 sets

super'd with

Goodmornings with 175 kg on the SSB -- did sets of five reps

I stopped at 3 sets of assistance work because I have to coach the boys this afternoon and will be squatting for two hours. My low back is pretty toasty already, so I decided to take it easy on the afterwork.

Time to drop the weight back and go from a deficit. Once the weight is a few inches up, it's easy for me -- it's getting it moving that's killing me.

Anyway, on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment