Monday, January 18, 2010

Military press

It's a rainy day here, which is great but unusual. For a day off, it's a great time to see a movie or nap or something. But to the gym I must go, and I couldn't wait.

Military day. I'm creeping upward with my mil, still doing them seated until I quit advancing. Still using the fat bar because I groove on it.

Started with Results and used SWF during. Dragging a little at the start, but that's more about circumstances than anything else. Been a tiring weekend in several ways.

Used Convict elbow sleeves -- love those things. Wore long sleeves for more warmth and cranked the heater to work up a quick sweat.

Warmed up slowly with weight. It's dangerous to forgo dynamic warm-up, but sometimes I get lazy or impatient and skip it. That's usually right before I get hurt.

Seated Military with the fat bar:

130 kg x 3 easy
135 kg x 3 still easy, though it's hardly a difference in weight
145 kg x 3 got 10 reps. Thought I was a stud until I noticed I did better by 5 kg last time I had a 3-rep day. Oh well. Felt good. Got two more reps than the last time I did 145 kilos for 3.

110 kg x 5 sets of 10 reps

superset with

Posterior deltoid work with skinny DBs 5 x 8 with a lot
Chins sets of 8 reps

First time back with chins since hurting my bicep tendon, so I took it fairly easy to get a feel for it. Everything was great, but I was glad to cut back a little. The posterior work was harder than expected, which I liked -- pushed through and the last set was excellent.

Shoulders are feeling strong and solid. Mike Robertson deserves credit for a lot of help and wisdom.

Have a great rainy MLK day.

No comments:

Post a Comment