Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bench day

Gorgeous day here, though it's still incredibly wet. We've gotten a year's worth of rain (for SoCal) in the last ten days. You'll be reading about mud slides in LAlaland next week, I'm sure. And fires this summer.

I love bench days even though I'm not making much progress here. At least it means squat's next.

Started with Results. If any of you bought the most recent batch and are having solubility problems, warm the water to 120 or so and mix it; ice it and you're there. No sense in tossing the whole bucket.

Warmed up under the bar carefully. Used the Convict sleeves, too, and cranked the heater in the room.

Bench with the fat bar:

195 kilos x 3 not bad
210 kilos x 3 still not too bad
220 kilos x 3 felt tough today, so I stopped at 3 with more in the tank

130 kilos x 5 sets of 10

super'd with

fat DB rows with 65 kg x 5 sets of 10

The assistance work left me winded as I moved swiftly between sets. The heavy lifts felt heavy, which I can't figure except that this was a very stressful week and I am almost certainly nominally dehydrated. Not good.

Got all set up for fat db floor presses but weenied out. I will mix them in with another day.

Taking the little man to see Avatar in IMAX 3D today. I may be more excited than he is. I'll report.

Everyone have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment