Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bench day

Paranoia over my elbow weighed heavily on what was due to be a max day. I still did the heavies, but the right upper limb was always on the mind. Life is a little dark right now anyway, so it's just another rock on the pile. Just got to get it done anyway.

Started with convict sleeves, Results, and SWF. Wore a beenie because I was chilly -- sorry to all of you in real cold. At least no one saw me. Apologies to Tate.

Been using Biotest Alpha-GPC for a while...can't tell it does anything at all besides line Patterson's pockets. Maybe I'm not using it right.

To it:

Bench with the fat bar:
185 kilos x 5 easy
210 kilos x 3 ok
230 kilos x 1 got 4 reps, same as last time with the same weight

130 kilos x 5 x 10

superset:

DB Rows x 5 x 12 with a lot of weight on a fat DB

I reduced the 130kg and db row sets to 3 sets out of concern for the arm. Just didn't feel that it would be productive to push it.

So my arm aches a little -- not too bad -- and my head is fine. I feel a little guilt for not doing the whole five sets of repetitive work, but not much.

Off to ice the arm. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment