Thursday, January 21, 2010

Deadlift day

It's been raining cats and dogs in SoCal now for days. The ground is saturated and flooding rampant. Next comes mud slides, though thankfully I don't live near where they'd be a problem. We did have tornadoes and lightning in the area, both of which are very unusual.

In the meantime my gym has water on the floor. I about clocked myself today slipping in a puddle, but thankfully none of it's near my iron yet. Wouldn't do to lose a couple thou pounds to rust, would it?

Started today with Results and wore my loose Viking briefs for security, er, hip support. I warmed up with the bar, which was stupid, admittedly.

Deadlift:

260 kilos x 3 not bad
275 kilos x 3 felt tough for some reason
290 kilos x 3 not too bad

170 kilos x 5 sets of 8 reps

Super'd with a bunch of stuff that doesn't bear mentioning.

The 170 seems so easy after the other sets. Frankly, I think I'm sticking at the floor, so I'm going to back off the weight and start deadlifting from a deficit next time. I think. Assuming I remember. Once the weight is moving, it moves pretty easily.

Anyway, not a bad day and I think I have a hint for how to get back to progressing. So I'm happy about it.

Have a great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment