Thursday, January 28, 2010

Military

After a delicious rep PR yesterday and on such a beautiful day, I went into my home gym expecting big things today. My wife is coming back home today from a business trip, work has me incredibly pissed off, and I'm stronger than ever -- a recipe for a perfect day.

Started with Results and SWF and wore Convict sleeves. Warmed up carefully with the bar.

Military w/ fat bar:

120 kg x 5 easy
135 kg x 3 easier
155 kg x 1 got 12 reps, a new rep PR

110 kilos x 5 sets of 10 reps

in superset with

fat bar chins x 5 sets x 8 reps still slacking here until more confidence in my bicep tendon is won
posterior deltoid fly x 5 sets x 10 reps with a lot on skinny DBs

Finally, I did the extra squat work I missed yesterday. I still had a pretty vicious back pump going, but it wasn't structural or debilitating so I pushed through it. I did 215 kg x sets of 15.

Another rep PR, which has me stoked again. Awesome. Not sure why this isn't translating into bench gains, but I'll take gains no matter where they come from. Who am I to complain? My shoulders are tired, my quads are achy, and I'm feeling pretty fantastic. Elbows, shoulders, and bicep were all just fine. Lovin' life.

Great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment