Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week of 4.1.2012

Was on the road much of the week, so I'm bubbling all the notes into one entry.

Started the usual way.  Downed the two True Nutrition products to hop up, get creatine, get beta-alanine.  About to run out -- time to order.  They have an Easter special going -- ping me if you want the 10% code.

Wore my loosest briefs as a security blanket.  Used knee sleeves and elbow sleeves (both elitefts), and used my Spud velcro wrist wraps.  Love these things, but need to deal with the melted ends that cut my wrists.  I look like some kind of cutter with parallel lines running up the inside of my wrists.

Downed a ton of water before training.  Spent the morning coaching baseball and have been nominally dehydrated all week.  Very stressful week, so I know I'm behind.  Feeling a little fat -- too jiggly, but it'll changed.  Everything else is going great.

Warmed up with some dynamic work (not enough) and a bunch of bar work.  On the squats and DL starters (first sets of the day), I came up to work weight very fast -- Tuesday, for instance, my squat progression was to make 100kg jumps from empty bar to 300kg and then go up in 10kg increments.  Felt okay, so I ran with it.  Besides, I get tired of loading plates when I know I have a long way to go.  Lot to be said for 50kg plates.

The sessions.

Tuesday
Squat, x3@8, 3% fatigue                  330 kg, drop to 310kg, two sets to 3% (may have had a third)

2ct paused DL, x4@8.5, 3%              285kg, one set to 3% (tough)

Pendlay rows, x8@9, 3%                   175kg, one set to 3%


Thurs
Pin press, full ROM-5cm (1-board), x4@8.5, 3%        220kg, two sets to 3%

Pin press, at chest, x4@8.5, 3%                             200kg, one set to 3%

Incline (pinky on ring), x8@9, 3%                           165kg, drop to 155kg and two sets to 3%


Friday
2ct paused DL, x3@8, 3%                                     285kg, one set to 3%

SSB Squat, x4@8.5, 3%                                        310kg, one set to 3% (brutal)

Lunges, x6@9, 3%               Bunch of weight; glutes cramped way before I reached an RPE=9, so called it

Thanks for checking in.  This week should be a bit more sane, so I will make regular updates.

Have a great Easter.  Hug someone in your family -- life is shorter than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment