Wednesday, April 18, 2012

training 4.17.2012

Performed yesterday.

Warmed up with bar work -- spaced on dynamic work because I felt pressed for time.  Turned out not to be an issue.

Wore elbow sleeves and Spud wrist wraps.  Used only water -- out of Beta-Alanine/creatine crap, but got more via UPS yesterday.

Competition Bench x3@8 + 6% fatigue sets: crapped at 220kg, took one fatigue set to 5%; not sure what the problem was
Bench + chain x3@8 + 6%: reached 180kg + 6 chains total at 20# each, so a little better; took 1 fatigue set after I backed off 10kg/side.

DB extensions x8@9 + 6%: fat DBs, 120#, got two sets to fatigue with same weight

All in all, not bad, but not great.  Head wasn't in it that day, I guess.

Not worried about it, but a little frustrated that the rapid progress I've seen has stalled a little.  Plus bench was never my best, and I'm stagnating a little.  It's frustrating.  I will have to do some extra work on shoulders and pecs, because my triceps are coming along well.  Trouble is, full ROM work at my age is problematic.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment