Monday, April 23, 2012

training 4.23.2012

I am still pretty obliterated from Saturday.  Low-back is very tired, so tomorrow should be interesting if I can make it.  I have to be in LA all day and will train if I can get back at a reasonable hour.  I hate LA, and driving to the north side is a special slice of heaven.

Started today with the B-Ala/creatine mix and a bunch of dynamic work.  For the first movement, I walked up the weight very slowly, taking 20kg jumps to get to working weight.  Used Spud velcro wrist wraps and EFS elbow sleeves.

Comp bench x3@8.5 +-5%: got to 240kg and really ground it out; did one fatigue set and was cooked
Bench+chains x3@8.5 +-5%: got to 180kg + a ton of chain and took a big crap -- just pooped all the way through the movement; did one fatigue set and moved on
Elbows-out extensions x6@9 +-5%: got up to the 50kg fat DBs (110#) and pretty much crapped out; did another set with the same, hefted the 110# round stone and pressed it until entirely fatigued

Triceps are not my problem anymore.  Bench isn't moving much, though -- not much progress all of a sudden.  Like I said last time, full ROM work makes me nervous, but that's apparently what I need.

No pain in the shoulder today.  Everything felt pretty good, if admittedly entirely gassed.  I can't get over how wiped I am.  To add to that effect, I downed 3/4 serving of Somatomax before bed last night and woke up with a sleep hangover.  I swear that stuff is the most awesome soporific I've ever used.

I guess I shouldn't say soporific -- I never noticed that it made falling asleep easier, but once asleep I sleep super-hard.  I mean, don't move all night kind of hard.  If I down too much, I wake up feeling drugged, much like today.  Drank a ton of coffee and never entirely got over feeling fuzzy in the head.  If you decide to try it, titer up to an effective dose -- don't just take a crapload because you always struggle with sleep.  Your wife/partner/girlfriend might think you're dead and run off with the mailman.  I love the stuff, but I love anything that actually works.

Bought a ton of food yesterday and have been cooking some of it.  Trying some of the Civilized Caveman's lime grilled chicken tonight with the boy, and have some of his pumpkin chicken chili cooking, though I subbed grass-fed chuck roast for the chicken.  I will let you know what the 13-yo thinks (though he's a fan of anything with pumpkin in it.)

Time to get back to eating everything in sight.  By the way, King Arthur's gluten-free brownie mix rocks with some grass-fed whole milk.  Wonder how many calories are in the whole box?


No comments:

Post a Comment