Friday, April 27, 2012

training 4.27.2012

Warm, sunny day here.  Nice Friday.
Did a lot of dynamic work to warm up the shoulders and upper back.  Wore elbow sleeves and Spud velcro wrist wraps.  Downed the B-Ala/creatine mix plus 150mg caffeine and got to it.

Pin press -5cm x2@8 + -5%: got 240kg, though a bit of a grind for RPE=8; hit three fatigue sets
Pin press @chest x2@8 + -5%: got 210kg and one fatigue set
Push press x6@9 + -5%: reached a bunch of weight and did one fatigue set at -5%; dropped the weight by 50% and pressed (military style) from my chin until done

The 1-board pin press ended up more like a 1.5-board.  Just a reality with my rack.

Shoulders are pretty cooked at this point.  Fine with the way the day went -- just doing what I need to. 

By the way, I do GPP and neglected accessory work; I just don't log it.  Anyone wants to know about it, let me know.

No video today.  Tomorrow is a doubleheader, so training will be in the morning before 8 hours of baseball.  I might not log the training until Sunday.  Never know.

Made the pumpkin chicken chili (used chuck instead of chicken) that I dropped the recipe link for a few days ago.  Pretty darn good, though needs some tweaking (unlike the lime chicken recipe, which was freaking awesome from the get-go).  A little too much chili powder.  Still has a great taste, but the heat was distracting.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment