Saturday, April 14, 2012

training 4.14.2012

Nice, cool day today after a couple of days of thunder storms.  I miss t-storms, being from the South; most San Diegans are terrified of them.  Wimps.

Not in a good mood today, but not pissed off enough to use it.  Not sure what the problem is.


Did a bit of dynamic work and the usual bar work to warm up.  Wore my loosest briefs and knee sleeves.  Used water and chalk, and ran the fan.

2ct DL x3@8.5 plus 6% fatigue set: got to 290kg pretty easily, backed off 5% and got one set to RPE=8.5
SSB Squat x2@8 plus 6%: got to 265kg on the bar (the bar is 60#) and took a crap, backed off 5kg and got 5 sets to RPE=8
Lunges w/ SSB x5@9 plus 6%: only reached 160kg on the bar before everything started cramping; did two more sets at 160kg

Not my finest day, but not my worst either.  Probably the three most humbling movements I do.  Mike didn't ask for the SSB on the lunges, but I used it because it was out and loaded.  Color me lazy.  Made me stand up straight.

Paintball tomorrow.  Should be great.

I might start working out at the Crossfit gym across the street from my office on my GPP days.  Please tell me that's a terrible idea.  Surely one day a week won't infect me with idiocy and weakness.  Every woman in my office is a crossfitter, which ought to say something.  On the other hand, a friend (can I say that, Carrie?) of mine named Carrie Fitzgerald is a crossfitter and she could kick most of our asses into tomorrow.  Could be worse.  Any of you losers come to SD and train with me, I'll ask her along.  It'd be great.

Thinking of blogging food for people like us, even if just linking to stuff I like.  If you think that's the worst idea you ever heard, leave a comment and I won't.

I hate lunges, but I hate walkouts worse.  The SSB walkouts were interesting today. 

If you use Firefox, get the Ghostery and Collusion add-ons.

Going back on Carb Back-loading Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment