Wednesday, April 11, 2012

training 4.11.2012

GPP work yesterday, as well as throwing batting practice and hitting about 300 pops at full swing with a 36 ounce bat.

Dynamic warm-up, knee sleeves, and chalk throughout.  Not much else.  Started with the two TN supps.

Squat: x3@8.5 + 6% fatigue:  got to 290kg and felt a twinge in my left knee; decided that was good enough, backed off 5%, and hit three sets to 8.5; more like 8, I think 700# is a pretty good work weight at 3 reps right now, which puts my max in range for the desired elite total at the end of this cycle

2ct DL: x2@8 + 6% fatigue: got to 285kg remarkably easily, but 285 kilos made me feel like I was going to explode.  I think I must have ruptured a bunch of capillaries in my neck and face; haven't looked yet, but I still have that bloated, burning feeling.  Hurts.  Backed off 10kg each side and got two sets to fatigue.

Snatch grip SLDL: x6@9 + 6% fatigue: only got 180kg before I gave in to the discomfort in my neck/face.  Yeah, I know.  Felt good, had a good bit more, didn't get RPE=9.  Sue me.  Next time.  I need some ice.


All in all, I feel very good about this, even though I wimped on two movements.  My total continues to climb, I continue to progress in each movement, and I'm feeling pretty good.  I will return to carb backloading in two weeks, after a couple more weeks of gaining.  I suspect I will look a little soft when I get back to it, but I'm not concerned.  Body weight and work weight are both climbing, even if by only a little bit.

I like the way this is going, unlike the situation in Florida.  Once again, the media circus makes certain someone will get screwed in this deal -- no way Zimmerman gets a fair trial, and no way the DA could do anything except put him on trial.  Sounds like he's losing his mud, which just makes the circus worse.  Still can't figure out why the DA didn't let it go the Grand Jury, which would have absolved her of blame when it all falls apart.  Either way, no one gets justice in this fiasco.  Nuts.

Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment