Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 1 week 7

Week seven of the Shelby experiment. I've never felt so much like a science experiment before, and I've been on seven national teams in two sports. I drank a lot of funny tasting Gatorade back then, but I think I was too ignorant to notice what happened as a result. Now I measure everything -- aches, pains, food, protein, water, mental state, libido, kidney function, back mobility, tendon health, ...everything. Makes me tired thinking of it. Now, to quit the bitching and get to it.

Warm day, fan full on in the rumpus room, chalk dust flying everywhere. Great stuff. I have a concrete stone curing, though I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about the flat spot. Maybe Bondo? I'll ask Bob -- he'll know.

This was supposed to be an easy day. Hah.

Warmed up with a little dynamic work and a ton of bar work. Downed the usual elixir, put on my elbow sleeves and wrist wraps, and got to it.

No real aches going in. Slept like crap last night; it was a warm night and I fell asleep with Z-12 and half my torso outside the covers. Woke up after my core temp dropped and had hard shaking chills for several minutes. They woke my wife up and she spooned me to warm me up, but that got me sweating. Pretty soon the whole bed was soaked and I was still cold. Nuts. Sometimes I kill me.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 10 smooth, felt powerful again. All sets were +25kg. Last set got tough at 8 reps and the last two were gutted out and slow. Biceps on both arms were unhappy, though left more than right for some reason.

Floor press, fat bar: 3 x 10 with the same weight. Reps went up a little, but my elbows were barking. My left elbow still isn't happy with me, and I was aching like an old man before I was done. The last set was miserable and felt heavy. Whiner. These were tough enough that my nose bled from the first set. I think my eyes are bloodied too, though I haven't looked. Nuts. These should be getting easier.

Incline bicep curl
: 3 x 10 with 20 kilos on the skinny DBs. These felt great and caused no additional elbow or biceps issues.

Standing calf: I put 50 kilos on the pin again attached to my Ironmind Super Squat belt and did one set of 100 reps. I then bent over 90 degrees and did several sets of 10 reps as if on a straight-leg seated calf machine with toes turned inward. These are coming along, though I felt pretty sorry for myself by this point.

Maybe not my day. I did all my extreme stretches, which weren't too horrible. But my left elbow is still grousing. Time for ice and Advil.

I need to get back on the gain train.

No comments:

Post a Comment