Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 1 week 5

Gorgeous weekend, but I've had three baseball games I had to practice. Out of a 48 hour weekend, that's about nine hours of baseball. Nuts. Tough to get anything done. I ate a high-carb day yesterday thinking I'd work it in, but I didn't. Six hours of baseball later today and a bunch of errands, I got it done.

Shelby and I keep raising my calories and my weight sits stubbornly in place. I can't imagine what he's gonna say this week. I always knew I was a freak, but this is ridiculous.

Started with dynamic shoulder work and Shelby's nutrition regimen. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for all but calves. Starting a little elbow tendinitis that I thought was skull-crushers, but the hammer curls today lit them up. May be both. Time to change a couple of things.

Warmed up for pullups with super-strong band pull-downs.

To it:

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 10 smooth, felt powerful again. Weight is going to go up sharply from now on, I guess.

First set was +20, second +10, third +5.

Floor press, fat bar: 3 x 10 with 135 kilos and a bunch of chains on the bar. These felt really strong and smooth today. In the first set, I really tightened my lats and felt my back adjust like a zipper from C5 down to about mid-back. Love that.

I dropped 5% on each set to get pure reps.

Hammer curl: 3 x 10 with 40 kilos on the skinny DBs. Elbows hurt. Puss, puss, puss.

Standing calf: 3 x 10 with 220 kilos on the bar. I figured out a way to do this without having to worry about balance, so it was much easier and more effective to hit my calves. Much better.

My cement ball experiment a la strongman stones failed in a spectacularly entertaining way. The thing is still setting, but it isn't going to be a ball really, unless frankensteinian looks count. Guess I'll have to buy a form and get into the business. Or make a few and sell the form on eBay.

I'm tired from the time change and all the baseball, but glad I got it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment