Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 2 week 4

Cloudy, rainy, and I desperately needed to get training in. Felt seriously beaten up yesterday for whatever reason, so today I had to get it in.

Started with the usual nutrition -- anyone wants the formula, let me know. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps. Warmed up with a lot of dynamic work (for once) and bar work. Tried to be careful warming up. Wore my loose Metal Viking Pro briefs for the front squats when I got to them and used my EliteFTS leather belt to hold them up. Everything was pretty loose to make sure I got my butt all the way down.

Gym was cool but the air was still, so halfway through the first set of the first exercise I already had a good sweat on.

All sets had 180 seconds rest between; all exercises were three sets; in all exercises, the intensity was jacked up over last time -- more rest == time to put out more effort.

Straight-arm anterior/medial/posterior fly: 60 reps per set, 20 each direction, three sets with 10 pounds. These were not barfingly hard this time, so next time I'm out of the pink weights. Not sure why I got that much stronger (stronger? really?) here, but I'm not complaining.

Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 10 reps, 90kg on the bar plus a black shorty band (one twist) plus a lot of chains.

I didn't adjust the chains this time, but left everything alone and took the reps slow to make sure form was tight. The first set was ugly hard, though I have no idea why. The rest I seemed to accept it was a bitch and adjust. Not sure what the problem was today. Oh well, some days you got it, some you don't.

Front squat: 3 sets of 10 reps, 150kg on the bar. Pretty much the same as last time, spread my feet a little more with toes a little more out and got even more depth. At the end, these were fairly easy -- time to go up on the weight a little. Besides, watching StrongMan Bob's vid of Warrick Brant pounding over twice this weight in a front squat is a kick in the seat of the pants. Kids.

I forgot the abs, as I'm a little pressed for time. Great to get back in, good stuff came out, ought to be a good day from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment