Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 2 week 6

Today is my birthday. Today was a bitch for any day, just another day full of trouble and woe for those around me. My wife has a kidney infection, my friend lost her father figure to suicide, and people in my office who need to grow up still act like children. It wasn't my best day.

I went to the gym feeling a little dark. Maybe a good day to lift.

Started with Shelby's nutritional regimen and some dynamic work. Worked with the weights to get up to speed, plugged in the shuffle tunes, and went at it.

Straight-arm anterior/medial/posterior fly: 60 reps per set, 20 each direction, three sets with 15 pounds. Pretty much the same as last week except I added weight to the posterior flys. These felt pretty good today, actually.

Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 10 reps of about the same weight as last week. I added about 5 pounds to each side just to say I made progress. They felt pretty good, though I didn't get the same pump as last time.

Front squat: Tweaked my right knee setting up. It was a sharp pain above the patella, with which I'm quite familiar. I usually feel it if I don't warm up enough and it usually passes quickly after I stop. I didn't feel like pushing into an injury today, so I wimped out and called it. I'm rather disappointed, both in circumstance and in myself.

Anyway, off to have an evening with the family. Hope you all enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment