Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 3 week 5

First meeting today is at 12:30 and last starts at 5:00, so I decided to train early.

Gorgeous, warm day. Feel good, though down a pound today after roughly 20,000 (yup) calories over the last four days. Go figure. We're raising my fat intake, but no cheeseburgers yet. Still, everything's working.

Started with the usual nutrition, weight warm-up (no dynamic today), elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, and thoughts of light weight, peanut.

Everything was 180s between, three sets for 5-7.

To it.

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps with 200kg on the bar. Hit seven reps on all three sets. Felt pretty good, though ground out a couple of last reps.

Fly fat DB: 3 x 7 with monster weight. Used 80kg on the first set and 90 on the last two. Got all 7 on each. I'm right out to the end of the bars, so I'm going to have to get more 15kg plates. I'm a little concerned the fat DB bars are going to break; I'm trying to control the weight on the way to the floor as much as I can, but the collars are slipping with this much weight and it's grating the bars. So it goes. I'll likely have to get solid fat DB bars.

Straight bar bicep curl: 3 x 7 x 90kg. Basic 21 for guns work, same as last time. I'm still a little paranoid about my biceps tendons, so I don't go too hard on these. The extreme stretch for these was awful.

Seated calf: Switched gears here in a big way. I put on my Ironmind super squat belt (well worth the money, by the way -- the thing is awesome) and did standing calf raises with a bunch of weight on the pin. Legs a little wide to clear the plates, I did as many sets as needed to get 100 reps. Just brutal. First set was 50, finished in three sets. I'm going to change up the calf routine a bit using these and some seated work together to try to get rid of my bird legs.

Great start and lots to do. Great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment