Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 3 Week 4

Just a gorgeous day today, but I found I wasn't all pumped up about training. Funny how some days I'm dying to get a sweat on and others I could take it or leave it. Today I was ambivalent, but I simply had to get in -- it's about mental health some days.

I started with a little dynamic work and a lot of weight work. I also have a 2 inch rope and did some rope climbing from laying on the floor up to the rack -- not sure what to call this, so I'll have to check my Ross Enamait book to see what he says. Anyway, I like them.

Started with the Shelby-spec nutrition, elbow sleeves, and wrist wraps.

All exercises were 5-7 reps, three sets, with 180s rest between sets.

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. First set was 5 reps with 200 kilos, other two 7 reps with 5% less. Did these in the rack with the straight bar off a 45-degree incline bench. Felt really good, actually. By the last set I think I could have done the 200 without killing form too badly.

Fly fat DB: 3 x 7 with monster weight. Had 70 kilos on the fat bars first set and went up to 80 for the second and third. Getting the weight off my knees killed, but the exercise itself was smooth and strong. How can I be so stuck with my bench and rock these so easily? Maybe Shelby's stuff is working.

Straight bar bicep curl: 3 x 7 x 90kg. Basic 21 for guns work -- should have had Slayer on the iPod in honor of Tate and Wendler. I'm still paranoid about hurting myself, but I felt strong today and pushed it. The extreme stretch for these was awful.

Seated calf: 3 x 7 x whatever I had on the bar. I think it was pretty close to 240 pounds, but I don't remember. What I remember was using Fat Gripz on the bar over my quads and basically rolfing my quad insertions above my knee. I may need a manpon for the bar for these. Still, the basic setup was head/shoulders better than the business I've been doing of putting plates in my lap. I think I can make some progress here, and these felt better and more directed.

All in all a great session. Still forgot abs but did a lot of upper back work. I'm pretty pumped about my rows, too -- that might be a PR, though I'll have to dig through my old books to see.

Anyway, off to entertain my wife and eat like an idiot. I'm still loving this.

1 comment:

  1. sick weight man, GOOD WORK!! encouraging stuff hoss, keep it up

    ReplyDelete