Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 2 week 7

Body weight has stagnated again, so we're tinkering again. Already messing with insulin levels, massive carb amounts, 90g protein shakes before bed, and about a gallon of olive oil every few days. The experiment continues.

In the meantime, I keep upping the intensity in the rumpus room. Pretty soon I'm gonna bust or break. Today, though, I felt good.

Warm, beautiful day after rain this morning. Cool evening tonight by recent standards, but due to be 80s in a few days.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for the first two, loose briefs and knee sleeves for the squats. Forgot abs again. Dang.

Started with Shelby's nutritional regimen and some dynamic work. Worked with the weights to get up to speed, plugged in the shuffle tunes, and went at it.

Straight-arm anterior/medial/posterior fly: 60 reps per set, 20 each direction, three sets. Took the weight up a few pounds each hand. Still feels good, still making progress, still want to puke when done. Perfect.

Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 10 reps with the EZ curl bar this time. Raised the weight, took the reps super slow, and elbows and shoulders felt great. Hit the triceps hard, but probably need a finisher.

Front squat: 3 x 10. Set up the pin with well over 200 kilos and put mats down until I could hit depth without hitting the floor. I love that IronMind safety squat belt. Just awesome. I'll keep working on form and method -- it's a little tough hobbling around with around 500 pounds between the ankles trying to get into position. I squat with a pillar in front of me a couple of feet away so I can stabilize if needed. Really feels good.

All in all a productive day. I'm starving right now, so off to eat as much as possible before dinner.

My concrete stone -- can I call it an atlas stone when it's only 42 pounds? -- worked like a champ. I got impatient and unmolded it today, and everything looks great. Now to let it cure, bondo any pips on the outside surface, and use it. I'm pumped. Next will be a considerably bigger one, and after that I may just start making them for people. Maybe. Right.

Off to it. Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment