Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 1 week 9

Been raining here for a couple of days. Yesterday was seriously blustery, too, with hard gusting winds. I love it.

Finally made some time to get back in the gym, only a day late.

Started with the usual elixir. I gained a couple of pounds, which is cause for celebration. Not sure why, but I'll run with it.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for sanity.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 8 smooth. All sets were +40kg. No pain today, did them all smoothly, got 9 reps on the last set. I was determined to make a little progress, even if it was just one rep.

Bench press, regular bar: 3 x 10. Started with last week's high weight and stayed there. Tightened form a little on the second and third sets, getting a little bit better push off from my heels. Made a big difference in comfort and confidence, and I pounded out the reps. These felt really good today.

Incline bicep curl
: 3 x 10 with 25 kilos on the skinny DBs. These felt great and caused no additional elbow or biceps issues. Same as last time, I think -- no improvement. Biceps screamed at the end, making the extreme stretches a little slice of heaven.

Standing calf: I did them as usual, hitting all 100 reps in one set. Man, does that hurt.

No pain, no joint problems, everything working at the moment. Hard to complain.

My wife and I are thinking of buying a new house nearby that's many times nicer. Trouble is it would stretch us pretty hard financially and I'd have nowhere obvious to put the rack and stuff. Gonna have to figure something out. Got to have somewhere to train and the garage is tiny. While my rumpus room is a dive, it's a perfect dive for iron. Gonna have to think this through.

Night all. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment