Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 3 week 7

Another gorgeous day in Sandy Eggo. I got started a little later than anticipated, but no big deal. Had some peace to work in during the afternoon, so I took it.

Started with the usual Shelby elixir set. I'm getting more and more particular about being exact and honestly I think it helps. We're still monkeying with my insulin levels, so all kinds of things are changing. Frankly, I'm starting to look bigger even if my weight isn't changing much. He keeps increasing my food and carb levels all the time, and my fats on non-super-high-carb days are up too. The walking physio experiment, I am. Everything Strongman Bob is to his chiro, I am to Shelby, I think. Bob at least gets instant relief.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps. Worked with my shirt off because I'm alone and it was very warm, particularly in the rumpus room. No mirrors, no vanity.

Warmed up with a little dynamic work and a lot of weight work.

Set to it. All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. I added twenty kilos this week and added a bunch of chains set to leave one link on the ground at the top. I got seven each set and saw God during the final set. Wow.

Fly fat DB: 3 x 7 with monster weight. I added twenty kilos to each hand, which made the weight downright obscene. Last weeks were too easy, so I decided to go bold. The went up well, actually, though I only got 5 on the last set and saw God again. It is Easter weekend and He is risen, so it could happen. The last set was outrageously hard and failure was complete on the sixth rep. I loved it, finally.

Single-arm Scott curl: 3 x 7 x a bunch. I added 80% more weight this week. 80%. That's a little scary. I got 7 on each set, but dropped the weight by 10% for the second and third -- same weight for both. That's where the sweet spot was. Biceps were screaming and the sets were perfect. I was seriously pumped and chuffed after these, since they were finally what I need them to be.

Seated calf: Ironmind super squat belt and did standing calf raises with a bunch of weight on the pin. Legs a little wide to clear the plates, same weight as last time, got all 100 in one set. Weight was up 80% for these too. Just felt like keeping it going. These were brutal and I might have cried. Hard to tell.

Ab twists: Used the new 10" stone (45#) for these and did three sets of 50. Wow, were these hard, at least on my wind. I'm definitely going to have to make a 12" stone now, or add lead to another 10 incher.

Fantastic day. I grunted and growled so much my throat is sore. I'm beat, ready to sleep, and it's only 8:00. What a wimp. Whatever the case, happy to see some gains rolling in again. Big day.

Ok, one of my dogs is farting horrible green farts behind me and the rest of the clan is dyeing Easter eggs. I'm out. Happy Easter, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment