Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 1 week 8

Gorgeous day. Thankfully warm enough to dry out the gym a little. I looked at my patch to stem the tide and it's still seeping a little, so I'll have to get a plumber in Monday to have some bonding and insurance behind the repair. Yeah, I have a class C contractors license (past life), but I still know when it makes sense to make sure you're covered.

Dragging today for some reason. It's a super-duper high carb day, and I seem to drag on these days. Insulin is super-high too, which might make a difference. Have to ask a diabetic. Didn't sleep too well last night, either, which never helps. That's just whining.

Threw batting practice to the boys this morning. Probably threw 300 pitches at low velocity -- maybe 70-75. But my biceps barked after a few curves and slurves. We'd see what we'd see when the iron hit them.

Started with the usual elixir. Shelby and I have bumped everything this week -- more fats, more carbs, more protein, more everything. Weight is stubborn. I'm a weight-gaining anomaly. So I Spiked a single can in my peri-workout drink to fight the lethargy. I'll be all abuzz for the afternoon, I'm sure. At the risk of sounding like a Biotest or Spike flack, I love the stuff.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for sanity.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 8 smooth. All sets were +40kg. Right bicep bitched a little, but it was ok. All in all, these were pretty powerful and felt pretty good when I didn't jerk around. Kipping sucks with that much weight hanging, so smooth is the name of the game.

Bench press, fat bar: 3 x 10. First set was my old 5/3/1 3-rep max and I only got 8 clean reps. Decreased weight by ten kilos each side and ripped out the last two sets at 10 reps. Felt great to go back to a full ROM bench. As much as bench has frustrated me, I missed it.

Incline bicep curl
: 3 x 10 with 25 kilos on the skinny DBs. These felt great and caused no additional elbow or biceps issues. Frankly, I might be able to do a little more. We'll see.

Standing calf: I wussed out and skipped them. I'll make them up next time.

I feel pretty good now. I still have about 50 soaked cardboard boxes to throw out and a bunch more to go through to see how many books and stuff I lost. So be it. What else do we have to do? Hah.

Will try to take the wife out for a date night; as long as I'm buzzing, I might as well make use of it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment