Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 2 week 8

Had vertigo earlier in the week due to ear trouble. Everything's fine now, but I couldn't train for days. Wore me out -- I need my weight time. It's a mental health thing, and I'm usually hanging by a thread anyway.

Hazy day today. Got funeral services for my friend tomorrow. The details are weirder by the report, but it doesn't change the reality. Had some great news at work this week, so things have been pretty good when I didn't have the spins.

Started with the usual nutrition and a serious insulin spike. Wore loose briefs, knee sleeves for the squats, elbow sleeves throughout, and wrist wraps for the first two exercises. Warmed up with a lot of dynamic work and the usual weight work. Pounded through it.

Straight-arm anterior/medial/posterior fly: 60 reps per set, 20 each direction, three sets. Took the weight up a few pounds each hand again. Smooth and painful. Forgot extreme stretches afterward, unfortunately.

Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 10 reps with the EZ curl bar this time. Raised the weight again, took the reps super slow, and elbows and shoulders felt great. Everything ached afterward. Perfect.

Front squat: 3 x 10. Set up the pin with 255 kilos and put mats down until I could hit depth without hitting the floor. Moving that weight into position is tough, but the movement is easy once I'm there. Very smooth and very specific -- my quads are cooked after these, as they're the primary target. Starting to really love these, enough to want to set up a platform to make it easier to get into position. Right now I'm about six inches above the floor, so range of motion is to below parallel.

Felt great after all of this. I couldn't wait to get in the room, despite the fact that it's still a mess after the flood. Nothing is where it was except the rack and weight trees. This weekend is all baseball -- at least three games -- so I won't get it fixed then either. I need some time off work to get stuff done.

Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment