Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 4 week 8

What an awesome day. My wife and I are trying to buy a new place, which would be an unbelievable blessing, so some of my thought today has wandered toward that. Still when the time came to lift, I was all there.

The boy has had five baseball games in three days and has three this week alone. He's exhausted, which puts me close behind him. It's been crazy and needs sorting pretty badly.

I think I've gotten my video production issues figured out and will open a channel soon. When I do, I'll post the link here. Honestly, it's just not a priority, but I should make it one. I need proof.

Started with the usual nutrition, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, eventually briefs (squat) and knee sleeves.

Lots of dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it. I kept last week's order.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with 180s between.

Military press, seated, fat bar: 3 x 7 reps with last week's raised weight. Seat was at 80 degrees (more/less). Again I did these in the rack with pins set low so I at least have a bail-out that's not my lap. These were pretty tough, honestly, but represent another rep PR. Man, these are slow up and down; video would look like slo-mo. But the margin for serious fubar is tiny, so discretion remains the better part of valor.

Seated french press: 3x7. Raised the weight a couple of kilos just to keep gaining. Got all 7 reps each and could stand to go up for the first couple of sets next time. Just taking it easy on my elbows in the meantime. Paranoia.

Squat
: 3 x 7 and up another 5% from last time. I pushed really hard on these and am now approaching PR territory. A few more weeks of little raises and I might get there, which pumps me up no end. I was a little intimidated today for some reason -- think my knee tweak a couple of days ago had me worried, but it was fine. I had to slow down the descent a good bit; first set was only 5 reps because I dropped too fast and got a little out of sorts. Only way to hold the right positions is to take it slow and tight. Lucky I didn't dump it. Last two sets were super-solid. I have to say, I was thrilled. Torked for the first set.

Great day. I skipped abs because mil/squat day is so tough over all, it's a gift to myself. I always make it up.

Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment