Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 3 week 9

Got to go get the little man and take him to his Little League game, so not much chitchat today. I'm sure many are relieved.

Wife's back in town today -- this is a very good thing.

I started with the usual pre-workout nutrition, wore sleeves and wrist wraps. Warmed up with a little dynamic work and a lot of bar work.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse). Extreme stretches afterward except biceps (again).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. I took off the chains this time and raised the weight. I lowered the incline angle quite a bit and pulled to upper chest. I had a sufficient arch going that I basically received a total-back pump/spasm that was quite eye-opening. These were intense, and I have to say I like it. A lot.

Fly fat DB: 3 x 7 with monster weight. I kept the same weight as last time. I finished with handles on some chains on the decline bench, concentrating on keeping tension constant and squeezing the finish. I did them Doggcrapp stylee, doing each burn-out set to failure with ten deep breaths between each set. I got about 30 reps the first set, about 15 the second, and about 10 the last. My chest was toast at this point and the extreme stretches were absolutely brutal.

Single-arm Scott curl: 3 x 7 x a bunch. I stuck with last week's weight and pumped them out slowly. Time to move the weight up.

Seated calf: Ironmind super squat belt and did standing calf raises with a bunch of weight on the pin. Legs a little wide to clear the plates, same weight as last time, got all 100 in one set. Very tough.

Ab twists: Used the 10" stone (45#) for these and did three sets of 50.

Great day, needed to get it in and did. Hope I'm awake for the evening with the family, though I suspect my wife will be beat too.

Have a great day, all. Thanks for checking in. Videos next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment