Wednesday, January 25, 2012

wk 4, day 2 1.25.2011

Warm day today.  Gorgeous.

Started with bar work -- totally spaced on dynamic work for no good reason.  I used True Nutrition's two new products, Ndure and Rockitfuel (yeah, I didn't name them, okay?) prior to training along with two Axcel tabs.  The upshot was that by the time I reached the rumpus room, I had a sense of euphoria that is tough to describe.  Think I'll continue this.  I was well-amped by the time the sweat started to roll, but didn't feel as totally smoked as I do when I down a whole Spike.  Love my Spike, but have to titer it carefully or feel totally funky later, because onset is logarithmic -- don't feel much, feel okay, BAM. 

Anyway, love the stims and hope they don't kill me.  Reading that last paragraph, apparently I'm still under the influence.

Wore elbow sleeves and neoprene on the wrists.

Bench, touch/go, 3 sets of 2 reps to RPE=9 + 1X95%:  Ended up about 10kg short of usual, which surprised me, particularly because it was only 2 reps per set.  Kind of pissed me off, actually.  I went down to 95% of the final work set and cranked out two sets of 5 reps of 95%.  Felt great.  Right shoulder ached all day like my meniscus was barking (likely have a small tear, and likely have since pitching days), but didn't feel it at all during work.  Setup was solid, lats tight, excellent final two sets.  Grip was super-wide.

Good mornings, 3 sets of 5 + 1X95%: Nothing special here.  Just got it done.  Low back is sore from squats + DL two days ago, which is understandable.  Let it go and just got it done.

Military press, 3 sets of 7 + 1X95%: Love military press.  Pushed 150kg with a wide grip (index finger on ring) and cranked them out.  Left work weight on for the one extra set.  Seat was at 85 degrees.  Focused on minimal back arch.  Felt great.

Another great day.  Big day in two days, so time to eat up and recover.

Albeit a total non sequitur, if you have no, go buy and read Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.  If it doesn't reach you, nothing will.

Night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment