Monday, January 30, 2012

1.30.2012 week 5 day 1

Max day today.  I can't remember the last time I got true maxes of the big 3 lifts.  A little daunting.

Stimmed up and prepped with the usual two from True Nutrition.  Still loving both, as well as the carb backloading.  More on that later if I'm still conscious.

Did the three in comp order, as dictated by Mike T.  Hit three PRs, no BS.  I'm going to dig back several years to verify all three, but my current log runs back a couple of years, and I at the very least lifted more than I have in the last three years.

I logged during that I had more in the squat, but I was right there (within ten pounds) I think and I didn't want to kill my DL.

Bench and DL were true maxes -- I could not have added anything to either.

I ate a ton last night, even eating when I didn't want anything.  I ate everything I could, and I am absolutely certain it made a difference today.  Particularly because I went into the session having only eaten lunch (half a pound of bison with cheese and was still quite hungry afterward).

Once I verify the PRs, I'll post numbers.  All three were at least ten pounds over previous recent sessions.

The thought of doing it again at the end of the week makes me feel a little sick, though I will go straight up to the max weights swiftly after thorough warm ups.  I will post video of Friday's session.

Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment