Monday, January 16, 2012

training wk2 #4 1/14

Logging this two days post workout, so it'll be brief.

Started with a bit of dynamic work and the usual bar work.  Wore elbow sleeves and neoprene wrist support.

Floor Press, 3 sets of 3 reps to RPE=9 plus two sets at 93%: increased my RPE=9 set weight by 10kg and did AMRAP on the last of the 93% sets.  It wasn't a lot (6 reps, I think) by that point.

Snatch-grip SLDL, 3 sets of 6 reps to RPE=9 plus 2 sets at 93%: raised the weight a good bit on this one and managed form -- glad to see progress here.  Stuck to numbers to avoid destroying my low back.

Floor press, pinky on the ring, 3 sets of 6 to RPE=9 plus 2 sets at 93%: made it to about 90% of the weight above, which was surprising to me as toasty as my triceps were feeling.  Got extra reps on the last set.

While I was working through the final floor press sets, I would sit on the floor and do push press (or military or whatever you want to call it) with my chains and a few plates on handles.  Essentially, push press so that the last three or four inches bore all the weight, but lighter at the bottom for my old shoulders.  I really liked these and will likely keep working them in.  It was easy to initiate since I was already sitting on the floor.

Everything is still progressing -- very pleased.  Little victories, guys, creeping toward big ones.

Have a great week.  Next session is tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment