Tuesday, January 3, 2012

PM day 2

Feel great -- no soreness from yesterday at all.  In fact, I need extra work, so no heartburn at all about having a session today.

Warmed up the usual way.  Wore elbow sleeves today and neoprene wrists.

Still figuring out matching weights to RPE, so in some cases I had lots of sets and in others got very close very quickly.

To it:

Bench + doubled monster minis, sets of 3 to RPE=9: 180kg plus the bands for the last set, which was pretty close to a 9, I'd say.  Might go with Pro Light bands (one tougher) next time based on how the bands work with my rack.  Good start today, though.

Front squat, sets of 6 to RPE=9:  160kg, got nowhere near a 9.  I hate front squats (which likely means I should work on them) because I spend more energy on form than on the weight.  Honestly, I struggled with cramping in my serratus anterior far more than quads.  By the end, I was struggling to hold the bar up and not even feeling it in my quads.  I may see if I can use the SSB instead, though I'll stick with whatever Mike wants.  I'd rather do overhead squats than front squats.  Hate 'em.

Incline, pinky on the ring, sets of 12 to RPE=9:  Love these.  155kg legit to a true RPE of 9 (if not 9.5).  I struggled with the last set, feeling them in my triceps after the benching.

Whining about front squats aside, a very good session.  Over in a hurry, really, but that works out very well with today's schedule.  Still very excited about this, and looking forward to session 3.

Great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment