Thursday, January 12, 2012

training PM wk 2 day 3 1/12

Long day, long week.  Dark by the time I got to the room, and I ran the heater hard.  Didn't need it, really, but wanted to get the sweat on.  I did, pig-like.

Skipped day 2, a 4th-priority session, on purpose.  I've felt beaten up and old all week, and I needed the rest.  Hated to do it because I skipped push press, but I needed it.  A man's got to know his limitations.

Started with a little dynamic work (should have done more) and a bit of bar work.

Deadlift: sets of 4, to RPE=9, plus two sets of 93% of RPE=9: gutted these out, no progress.  Same weight, really, as my 2-count paused DLs, which kind of sucks. 

Got the work in, and I took two Axcel after the first couple of sets.  Shame they didn't kick in until later, because I could have used them.  Also took 4 Advil, as my low-back has been sore since the last session, and I still had squats ahead of me.

Pin press: sets of 3 to RPE=9 plus two sets of 93%:  Got 200kg, which is decent progress over last time.  Felt okay about these despite the fact that I seriously gutted up the third rep off the pins.

For what it's worth, I rest the bar on the pins between reps and relax slightly, never letting go or relaxing my traps.  I just release my triceps and pecs. 

These felt good today, whereas my pecs felt a little spastic on the left side last time.  Getting old.

2-count paused squats, to RPE=9, plus two sets of 93%:  I went up by about 20kg this time.  That's pretty frickin' huge, and I'm more than pleased.  Felt great, got great depth, paused for a full two counts.  The two 93% sets were brutal, but I wanted them.  Hope I'm sore tomorrow.

I was a little concerned about jumping into volume, but it simply feels like another Sheiko routine.  I have to say, I'm really liking this, and I feel very confident of PRs in the near future.  Guess I'm another Tuchscherer convert.

Still hitting the carb backloading, still loving that.  Everything is going pretty well on this front right now.  Now to get the other fronts to be equally smooth, and I should be pretty content.  Should.

Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment