Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 4 week 12

Took the day off from work to get stuff and ended up working all day from home. Nuts. Got started training late and was struggling with lethargy (or maybe just plain laziness). By the time I wrapped my wrists, though, I was ready.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, eventually knee sleeves. I wore Ace briefs for the squatting.

Lots of dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with 180s between.

Military press, seated, fat bar: 3 x 7 reps with last week's weight. Right shoulder barked a little, particularly since I was unracking slightly behind my head. No real pain, but a twinge and some feelings of instability. Tired of talking about this.

Seated french press: 3x7. Went up a few kilos with the straight bar in the rack. These were pretty good, actually, and I got good reps to positive failure with every set.

Squat
: 3 x 7 x 300 kg. Didn't feel good today. Depth sucked, felt like the bar wanted to come off my traps, etc. My knees and hips were solid, but everything just felt off. I pounded out three sets that left a bad taste in my mouth.

I won't belabor it today -- it just wasn't my day. Nothing hurt, nothing totally failed, but nothing totally worked either. Not satisfying, and leaves me a little unsettled.

Long weekend with my wife's b'day Sunday, so it should be a fun three days. I'll work on the training videos with my boy this weekend, too.

Hope everyone stays safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment