Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 1 week 12

I actually trained yesterday, but this is the first chance I've had to post.

The boy had a baseball game late so I had to train a little earlier than usual. No big deal -- just a timing issue.

Drank the Results and Shelby mix as usual and got to it.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps and did a fair amount of dynamic work. Then warmed up with the bar.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 8 smooth. All sets were +45kg. Biceps were good, though there was still a lot of forearm pump. Not sure why that is, but pretty easy to deal with. I still hate pullups just because of the biceps paranoia/strain/whatever. They are coming along well, though.

Incline bicep curl: 3 x 10 with 25 kilos on the skinny DBs. Same as last time. Biceps still felt great.

Bench press, regular bar: 3 x 10. Stuck with the same weight as last time and concentrated on form again. I gripped extra-wide this time, as wide as my rack would allow, and focused on the chest. Not sure whether full ROM makes sense, but I'm a little sore today -- must have worked. All reps were smooth and tough.

Standing calf: I did them as usual, hitting all 100 reps in one set.

All in all, it was a good session. Worked hard, felt good about it. The boys lost their game due to poor fundamentals, which sucked badly. They sucked, for that matter, and still almost won it. They didn't deserve to win it. Last regular season game is tomorrow, and I think I'm glad.

I realized in this session that my bench weight has been very nearly matched by my military press weight. There's something fundamentally wrong about that, I think. I need to think this through.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment