Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 2 week 12

Trained yesterday before the boy's baseball game. Once again, the boys beat themselves, which pisses me off. Can't tell him that, though.

Started with Results and the Shelby mixes. Ran out of malto, so I'll have an order in to TrueProtein today. Best thing in the world, particularly because they're just up the road and I get my orders next day. Love that.

Wore knee sleeves for the squats and elbow sleeves for the upper work. Wrist wraps for upper as well.

Warmed up with dynamic work and bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Gironda swings: 3 sets of 10 reps with 30#. Kept the weight the same. I need another set of fat DB handles, I think, so I can have multiple setups around. Now to convince the wife. These were smooth and good -- no shoulder pain at all, no lurching, toasty shoulders after.

JM Presses: 3 sets of 10 reps with the straight bar. Went up a little on the weight and took them super-slow to make sure I kept my elbows solid and high. Really pounded my triceps. Good stuff.

Front squat: 3 x 10. Did my funky SSB squat again leaning back, hanging from the rack. I used a Spud DL belt for stability and knee sleeves, but no briefs. Feet were a little wider than shoulder width and depth was to my heels. I worked the SSB up to 200kg and banged out three sets of ten. Pretty good, though I felt like I was in a hurry.

Did the usual stretches after and called it. It took about 90 minutes all told, and was a pretty good effort. Nothing to set records, but I got it done.

Today's a low-carb day, so lots of peanut butter and cashews today. Love that. Everyone have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment