Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 4 week 10

Very warm day today, so the rumpus room was downright hot. Good stuff for a hardy sweat.

Feeling a little lethargic again this week. Been sleeping poorly, worrying about a couple of things, ... life.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, eventually knee sleeves.

Lots of dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with 180s between.

Military press, seated, fat bar: 3 x 7 reps with last week's weight. These felt heavy and my right shoulder was a little balky. Not sure why they felt so heavy, but they did.

Seated french press: 3x7. Stuck with last week's weight though on a straight bar. Finished with dumbbells loaded with 20kg, still doing a french press. Did all sets to positive failure, no yanking. I feel virtuous if not exactly blasted. I need a pressdown of some sort.

Squat
: 3 x 7. I backed the weight off about 20% and went full raw-dog today. I also squatted narrow-stance rather than my usual superwide, so lots of change today. I pounded out seven per set. My low back barked a little, but I'm sure the narrow squats ATG pitched me forward a little, so it's not surprising. No sweat and no residual pain or stiffness.

A little less strenuous than my usual Days 4, but good nonetheless. I take this week as a sort of deload while I figure a few things out. My strength continues to improve -- strength genes great, size genes suck -- but I look no different from my view. Odd.

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day weekend. Give your honey an extra hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment