Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 2 week 10

Hot day today for Sandy Eggo, which around here means upper-mid-70s with no humidity. San Diegans are such whiners.

Quick entry today -- just the biz. Started with the usual elixirs and some dynamic work. I wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps, but no other support gear.

Warmed up with bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Gironda swings: 3 sets of 10 reps with 30#. These were very tough by the last reps. I'd love to go up in weight, but need to feel out my shoulders to see how happy they are with that idea.

Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 10 reps with the EZ curl bar. Raised the weight again a little, took the reps super slow, and elbows and shoulders still felt great. Again I used the angle bench set at it's lowest setting, so my angle was maybe 30 degrees -- just enough so I was looking up a little. I realized in mid-work that these have become a JM press with an EZ bar, except that I finish higher, up above my eyebrows.

Front squat: 3 x 10. Set up the pin with six 50-kilo plates and ran them to the floor below parallel from a pair of six-inch platforms. Feet are fairly wide. I added two inches to each platform, so I'm about 8 inches off the ground and go down until the weight touches -- maybe an inch below parallel. Still no pain.

Off to play with the PS3 with the boy until the wifey returns home from work.

Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment