Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 3 week 10

I wanted to spark something today, so I backed off the weight on most exercises and did extra reps just to light things up. We'll see if it starts anything. I'll go back to the heavy weight next time.

Started with AtLarge Results and the usual Shelby mix. Today was a super-high carb day, so I've been dragging all day. Good day, though, which often translates to good things under the bar.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse). Extreme stretches afterward except biceps (yet again).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. I kept the bench incline low to hit higher on the back and I dropped the weight and did sets of 20. I kept the weight just over half of usual, so it was around 100 kilos. I was sucking wind big-time by the end.

Fly fat DB: 3 x 7 with monster weight. Dropped the weight to 60 kilos and did sets of 15. Got all three. My right shoulder was a little balky, but nothing bad. I kept my elbows flared to be sure to hit the pecs hard. These were quite good.

Single-arm Scott curl: 3 x 7 x a bunch. I left the weight the same as last week and stayed with sets of 7. I'm still paranoid about my biceps tendon(s), so I figured it would be wise.

Seated calf: Ironmind super squat belt and did standing calf raises with a bunch of weight on the pin. Legs a little wide to clear the plates, same weight as last time, got all 100 in one set. Very tough. and my calves still look like toothpicks. Comical.

Ab twists: Used the 10" stone (45#) for these and did three sets of 50, same as always.

Pretty beat now and extraordinarily hungry. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment