Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day1 week 11

Happy Mother's Day. It's gray here, but still a great day.

Needed some time in the rumpus room today. Been feeling like my skin was tight lately, but haven't been sleeping well. Last couple of nights have been awesome for sleep, thank goodness. Finally.

If you haven't tried AtLarge Results in fruit punch, do yourself a favor and try it. Their best flavor yet. If you don't know what Results is, look it up; it's essentially creatine and other stuff and it ain't cheap, but it yields results I don't get with creatine alone.

Drank the Results and Shelby mix as usual and got to it.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps and did a fair amount of dynamic work. Then warmed up with the bar.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 8 smooth. All sets were +45kg. Biceps were ok this time. Not great, but not aching like my arms were going to fall off like last time. I'll take it.

Bench press, regular bar: 3 x 10. Stuck with the same weight as last time and concentrated on form. Nice and slow, trying to hit the chest most of all. Right shoulder was balky today for unknown reasons, but the elbows were fine. In fact, I never even thought about my elbows. I worked the bench, ruing how awful my total is, and tried to hit them hard. I finished with some one-armed band work, sort of like a reverse Cuban rotation with my elbow in my ribs and closing across the chest. Not bad.

Incline bicep curl
: 3 x 10 with 25 kilos on the skinny DBs. Same as last time. I'm ready to move up here a little bit, I think. Biceps felt great.

Standing calf: I did them as usual, hitting all 100 reps in one set.

Wrt the weak right shoulder, I need to go through Assess and Correct and figure it out. It wouldn't do to hurt myself at this point.

All in all, I didn't clobber anything, which is ok. I walked away feeling strong and good and uninjured, so I call it a good day. As I type this, the sun is coming out, so it'll be a beach evening for the wifey and boy -- picnic with Thai, I think.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment