Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 1 week 10

Warm day today. Spent the morning yelling at the boys in their baseball game. They remain tied for first with only one loss, but they decided to make today's game interesting. I'm too old for that.

Needed the iron today, though I'm still dragging a little. Today's a super-high day, and I always seem lethargic on them. So be it.

Did no dynamic work today (stupid) and a fair amount of weight work, but never did work up a really good sweat. Not sure why. Goodness knows it was hot enough in the rumpus room.

Drank the Shelby mix as usual and got to it.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps and needed them today.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 15 smooth. All sets were +40kg. Biceps tendons were barking badly, and the attachment at the top of my right forearm was downright bitchy. Not a good sign for the rest of the session (read: curls).

Bench press, regular bar: 3 x 10. Added 5% and pounded through the first ten; stayed with the weight and cleared 8 reps next set, but they felt heavy; dropped five kilos and grunted out 10 for the last set. Elbows barked at the bottom, off the chest. Probably biceps tendon attachments, honestly. Extreme stretches were a pink-clad, high school deb bitch.

Incline bicep curl
: 3 x 10 with 25 kilos on the skinny DBs. These felt great and caused no additional elbow or biceps issues. Same as last time, I think -- no improvement. Biceps screamed at the end, making the extreme stretches a little slice of heaven again. I might have wept.

Standing calf: I did them as usual, hitting all 100 reps in one set. I used the Ironmind squat belt with a bunch of weight on the pin and just worked through it. I was not happy. Funny thing about calves for me, aside from the fact that I have toothpicks for lower legs and always have, is that once they're done they're done. I don't hurt for a long time after, even though I walk funny.

I've been throwing hard with the boy lately -- he always wants to see me throw junk hard like I did when I was 20. When I throw breaking balls, man, I've got to be warmed up really well. Problem is, I almost never am and I feel it in my biceps afterward.

Anyway, good day. Arms and elbows are fine now. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment