Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 2 week 11

Days here are all about the same temp -- it's the night temps that change primarily. Nights are starting to warm up, which I like. Another gorgeous day here. The room was hot.

Things are starting to work again. Maybe taking a week to deload was a good idea -- go figure.

Started with Results and the Shelby mixes. We're still struggling for every pound, though my body continues to recomp. I'm not going to be doing any BB contests any time soon (read: ever), but things are moving around. After three months, I expected something different; still, I'm not disappointed and will stick with it for another go-round at least.

Wore knee sleeves for the squats and elbow sleeves for the upper work. Wrist wraps for upper as well.

Warmed up with dynamic work and bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Gironda swings: 3 sets of 10 reps with 30#. Felt great, actually, and got all reps smoothly without flinging. I was tired but felt no structural pain. Good stuff.

JM Presses: 3 sets of 10 reps with the straight bar. I concentrated on keeping my elbows at chest height and not making it a narrow-grip bench press. These are tough and I like them. I'll keep exploring weight until I hit the sweet spot. I only used about 70kg on the bar today, but it felt like plenty.

Front squat: 3 x 10. Rather than front or pin squats, I got a wild hair to try something. I used the SSB outside the rack with the front j-hooks and set the straight bar inside the rack. I loaded the SSB, held the straight bar against the rack, and sat back. Only thing I can liken it to is the idiots using the Smith Machine to squat, though I was unassisted. I used a Spud DL belt for stability and knee sleeves, but no briefs. Feet were shoulder width and depth was to my heels. I worked the SSB up to 200kg and banged out three sets of ten. These were rather tough, and I was sucking wind like a hoover by the time I hit the #8 rep of each set. As I type, my quads are fried -- just what I wanted. I'll keep tweaking these, maybe adding some weight hanging from my waist with the pin. We'll see.

Great day, no pain, things working/progressing again. I feel some gains coming on.

Thanks for taking the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment