Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 3 week 3

Didn't get in until the afternoon after getting a lot of work done. I felt kind of beaten up before going in, but suspected the weight would wake me up. Day three has no squatting, so I figure it's likely to be ok.

Started with the usual nutrition, wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps, and went in hungry. As in really pretty hungry, even though it's a high-carb day and I'd just eaten under an hour earlier. Add to that all the liquid I drink for my pre and peri-workout nutrition and it was a little surprising.

No briefs, no other accessory gear. Just weight. Warmed up with the bar.

Rows: 5 x 10 reps with 160 kilos. Worked with a straight bar today, all else the same. These really hit me in my upper back and traps, though my lats got a wicked pump today. Had a regular Frank Zane kind of vee feeling going, though I suspect I looked more like I had some kind of cramp. My last two sets were eight reps each, and all were to positive failure.

Fat DB flat fly: 5 x 10 reps with 60 kg. The last few reps of each were tough, but I need to go up. May use fractional plates for a 1kg add on each end next time. Worked on keeping elbows out and working my chest over triceps. These felt good.

Biceps curls with EZ-curl bar: 5 x 10 reps with 60 kg. These were too easy -- I'm actually getting stronger here as I go and need to adjust. I went up a few kilos toward the end and the last set was quite hard, so I'll likely start next time where I ended today.

Seated calf: 5 x 10 reps with a bunch of 25kg plates in my lap. I think I had four, so 220 pounds, maybe. It's tough getting them into position from the floor with a lap full of weight, so I just sit there between sets. Turns out it's even harder to take them out of my lap without dropping them when I'm done after all the other work. I'm sure I look ridiculous trying to get them in and out of my lap. There must be an easier way. I need to go up with the weight, so I'll likely have to move to the rack with a six-inch box for my feet. Something.

90 seconds rest between sets.

I'm tired and hungry, but I'm huge in Japan.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment