Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 1 Week 2

Second week. There's something really sweet about that. Past total newb, moving on to south of vag. I was pumped to get past searching for the right weight and get on with adding strength.

Started with the malto/whey/Anatrop routine Shelby requires. It's a little bit of a pain, but I understand it and therefore can come to terms with it. Yeah, I'm lazy enough to like premixes, so I'll have to mix up some pre-w/o, peri-w/o, and post-w/o blends. And yeah, they're all different ratios.

I lost a lot of weight last week. I'm sure it was all water weight, but it's backwards from our goals. My metabolism is seriously cranked up, so I'm very hot all the time. Makes wearing my suits for work interesting, but my wife loves the extra space heater in the house. Shelby has me now on high-carbs for every training day. The way I go, that's at least four per week. Cool with me. I'm not sure why I'm not very carb-sensitive (my wife gains when you mention potato chips), but I'm not. Better for me.

Honestly, I was already pretty close to a paleo diet except that I drank a lot of milk and ate homemade whole wheat breads. Otherwise, pretty close. But after just changing a few things on Shelby's routine, I feel even better. Add to that my recent strength gains and the fact that everything's working, and I'd say Shelby is worth more than every penny. And I can tolerate training like a bodybuilder for a while.

I wore Convict elbow sleeves, no wrist wraps. Warmed up slowly with weight.

All exercises were 4 sets of 10-12 reps with 90 seconds of rest between sets.

Fat bar floor press: 4 x 12 with 175 kilos. They weren't easy, but they weren't hard enough. Need to start a little higher so I'm forced to drop weight each set to keep form. My last rep was butt-ugly, but it was my 36th. Felt seriously strong -- lats and traps tight, elbows turning well, everything on target.

super-set with

Pullups: 4 x 12 pretty easy, though the last set got a little chippy. I suspect it'll be 5 sets of 10 next week.

No supersetting these:

Hammer curl: 4 x 10 with 65 pounds. Incredibly painful. The first set felt a bit easy, so I was worried I didn't have enough weight. I shouldn't have worried.

Standing calf: 4 x 12 with 155 kilos. Like last week, I just worked on form, getting a good stretch at the bottom, and doing these right rather than cranking weight. I need to go up, but feel no guilt here.

Abs twist: 3 x 15 with a heavy DB. These hurt today. Funny how some days they hurt more than others.

Extreme stretching after each. I cut it short (30s) on the biceps because I didn't want to cry or vomit, and because it felt like my biceps tendons were going to rupture. Doggone it hurt. Maybe Bob's right and I have caught teh ghey, pussboy.

All in all a great day under the weight. Now I could eat a horse -- off to find one.

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment