Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 4 week 2

These are a few of my favorite things -- military press, squats, tricep extensions...

But I knew today would hurt. Four sets of each, all to positive failure, no cheating, 90 seconds rest between.

I went in feeling lethargic -- even loading the plates for warm-ups was a chore between my ears. Not sure what the story is. Today's a high-carb day, but I might be a little behind on calories.

Warmed up with dynamic and bar work. Started with the nutrition regimen, wore wrist wraps and put on the briefs for the squats. Wore elbow sleeves until squats. My warm up was very thorough, maybe to the point of paranoia. I knew this was going to be a lot of weight.

Seated fat bar military press: 4 x 10 with 145 kilos on the bar. These were pretty smooth -- not bad until the last rep of the fourth set, which was butt ugly. It was either that or eat it, as I didn't set the safety pins. Motivation.

Tricep extension roll-outs: 4 x 10 with 30 kilos on the skinny DBs. My left wrist didn't like these, but everything else was smooth. Powered them up too easily -- I need to go up next time. Warm-up was weak, but I'd just come off military.

Squat: 4 x 8 with 300 kilos total. Very, very hard and my depth was crap. Not sure what the problem was today, but it can probably be localized to the space between the bar and the floor. I just didn't have the mental approach to rock this today, but I nutted them up.

All in all an ok day -- nothing special, but still making progress. It'll be better next time.

Now to go eat a horse or cow or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment